Monday 28 January 2008

simplicity

..could be the philosophy of my life. i'm always trying to make the things in my life as simple as possible. to not waste my time thinking about the complex things that happens in the world and have as much relaxing time to enjoy the little things that happens in my life.
i'm doin this without any strict rules, then it would be to complex of course, it happens more subconscious but compared to the people surrounding me, i think i'm quite good in simplyfing my life and relax.

but this book about simplicity by john maeda where he presents 10 laws and 3 keys to achieve simplicity is very useful.
it gets the things out of my subconsciousness in cold print where i can make notes and underline important things to make them from subcounscious feelings to real thoughts i can work with.
this book, for me, acts like a guard that helps me fixing my thoughts about simplicity and complexity.
especially because i'm interested in webdesign/-devolpment i find it very useful for my studies. he talks about how to reduce and organize things, how to deal with time and knowledge to achieve simplicity. on the other hand he talks about the symbiosis of simplicity and complexity and the importance of finding a good balanced center but always have a look to the edges on the left and right side to make sure that you are still in the balanced centere.
the laws of simplicity acts like a dictionary cheered up with stories from e.g. his daughters and life as a professor at the MIT.

No comments: